Celeste van Tonder – 082 7711 719
Liezl van Zyl – 082 7711 729
Portia Majosi – 082 7711 739
Lizanne Wessels – 083 3941 900
Annetjie Engelbrecht – 072 021 2639
Kayla Buschow – 072 658 7995
Assistance with all property (movable and immovable) related transactions including the financing and transfer of ownership thereof.
• Drafting of Deeds of Sale and registration of transfer of ownership in respect of immovable property including farms, residential property, business/commercial property and developments.
• Registration of new mortgage bonds and cancellation of existing mortgage bonds
• Opening of sectional title registers
• Drafting and registration of notarial deeds and agreements (including leases, servitudes, notarial bonds over immovable property and antenuptual agreements).
• Township developments
• Sectional Title developments
• Subdivision and consolidation of land
What happens when you sell/buy a house/townhouse/flat/smallholding/farm?
1. Sign purchase contract.
2. Buyer applies for a bond.
3. Buyer and seller sign transfer and bond documents in attorney’s presence.
4. Amount needed to cancel the seller’s bond is requested.
5. Amount needed to get tax certificate from Municipality and / or tax certificate from governing body is requested.
6. Duty receipt (amount payable to the government) is obtained from South African Revenue Service.
7. Deeds get submitted to deeds office.
8. Deeds get registered (period from submitting to registration 7 days).
Abovementioned process takes +/- 4 – 6 weeks
• Seller must disconnect water and electricity account at Municipality.
• Purchaser must re-connect water and electricity at Municipality.
• The Municipality will make a change of ownership after registration with regards to rates and taxes account.
• Attorney can provide written confirmation of registration if problems are experienced at Municipality.
Our firm can register mortgage bonds with various divisions of:
• Business Partners
• SA Homeloans
• Standard Bank